- UCI ADVANCE Program--This program is working to enhance the recruitment,
retention, and advancement of women. Key elements of the program are: (1) Equity advisors in every school who serve as role models
and resources for faculty and (2) ADVANCE Term Chairs--scholars with a commitment to gender equity.
UCI Advance Program
- Career Partners Program--The EVC supports 10-15 Career Partner FTE annually.
UCI Career Partners Program
- Pay Equity Studies--UCI has conducted annual pay equity studies since 1991-92 and has published the results
since 1997-98. These studies have pointed to possible inequities in partner hires, which we are working to correct.
UCI Pay Equity Reports
- Southern California Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)--UCI believes HERC will prove to be a valuable recruitment tool,
especially for dual career couples.
Southern California HERC
- University Hills--Provides access to affordable
homes for eligible UCI faculty and staff.
- UCI Child Care Services-- Provides space for about 400 children of eligible
faculty, staff, and students.
- Tenure Handbook--This recently updated handbook is available online and provides advice for tenure track and tenured faculty.
One section is devoted to the problems of childrearing versus career needs.
UCI Tenure Handbook
- "UCI Chair's Resource Guide"--Online guide points chairs to family friendly policies.
UCI is planning to expand chair development sessions to provide orientation for new chairs, which would
include family friendly policies.
UCI Chair's Guide
© 2003 The UC Faculty Family Friendly Edge
What's Happening @